This reception announces the production of Shin Sarugakuki a media art performance program based on the Japanese classic literature of the same title, which richly depicts Kyoto’s social and cultural life of the time. Through video documenting the workshop of making Shin Sarugakuki-Revision-Prologue, talk sessions and discussion with audience, the direction of the program will be revealed in this reception.
- Date and Hours
- 3.21 (Thu) 16:00～17:15 (Doors open at 15:30.)
- ROHM Theatre Kyoto, North Hall
- Target audience
- Open to all above the elementary school age(Elementary school pupil must be accompanied by an adult.)
- Free of charge
- Reservation is required and is made on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Apply to
- TEL: 03-6273-0314
E-mail: email@example.comPlease contact office of Talk Session and Shin Sarugakuki of KYOTO STEAM – International Arts × Science Festival for reservation.Please provide your name, telephone number, and the number of seats needed.
- Application period
- 3.1 (Fri) ～ 3.20 (Wed)
- There is a simultaneous interpretation service.
Comprehensive ProducerHiroshi Takahashi
Graduated from Osaka University of Fine Arts, Faculty of Musicology, Musical Engineering Department. After acting as production staff for film directors, Masahiro Shinoda and Toshio Matsumoto, and for Production Department of Tokyo Ballet Company, he became a stage director. Established “Atelier Jusaburo” with puppeteer, Jusaburo Tsujimura, and became the producer. Acted as a producer for Yukio Ninagawa, theater director, in his outdoor performances in Japan and overseas performances. Thereafter, engaged in production and direction of stage, movies and events.
Professional Kyogen performer in the Izumi-ryu style
Studied under Man Nomura I, late Manzo Nomura VIII, and Manzo Nomura IX. At present, Head of the “Yorozu Kyogen” Kansai Branch. Head of “Wakana no kai” in Tokyo, Osaka, Shiga and Chiba. Head of “Furyu”, Head of “Ennen-no-kai”. Visiting Professor of the Open University of Japan (Hoso Daigaku) Kyoto Study Center. Instructor of Theater Company “Seinenza”. Special Instructor of Paris the 5th Ward Conservatoire.
Instructor of WorkshopNancy Rusek
Actor, dancer and choreographer
Studied classic ballet at the “Royal Ballet Flanders School”. At present, she is based in France as a dancer and choreographer. She participates actively as a dancer and choreographer in the works of world-class producers, including Andy de Groot, Philippe Decouflé, and Phillipe Gentil.
Instructor of WorkshopEric de Sarria
Actor, director, and head of Theater Company
Started to study dram when he was at school. Building his career as an actor in a variety of theatrical areas including dance, puppetry and acrobatics, he has been involved in a variety of shows and stage performances. At present, he is based in France, and operates workshops for children using puppets and objects all over the world.
- STEAM THINKING – Art to Create the Future – Challenge from Kyoto Art Competition Preview
- STEAM THINKING – Art to Create the Future – Challenge from Kyoto Talk Session
- Classic Literature × Traditional Art × Media Art Shin Sarugakuki – Revision – Prologue Creation Program has Started!
- Art × Science in Kyoto City Zoo What do chimpanzees feel in arts ?
- Dumb Type New Project Work In Progress 2019
- Interactive Media Art Experience Program
- Art × Food Market
- Traditional Art × New Technology in Noh “Daie – The Graceful Tengu”