What is art to human? In this program, artists and scientists will work closely with human’s closest relative, the chimpanzee, to explore this fundamental question.
This year, we will be using modern technology to create an interactive video work which changes in accordance with the movements of chimpanzees and visitors. The exhibition attempts to go beyond examining the effects of art on chimpanzee and human, and unprecedently challenges the communication between chimpanzee and human through art.
- 2020.3.21(Sat)･22(Sun) / 3.24(Tue)～3.29(Sun)
- Kyoto City Zoo
- YAMANASHI Yumi (Principal Researcher, Kyoto City Zoo) /
KANO Fumihiro (Kumamoto Sanctuary / Program-Specific Associate Professor, Kyoto University Institute for Advanced Study)
- HITOOSA Kazuki (Artist)
- Kyoto University Institute for Advanced Study /Wildlife Research Center, Kyoto University
- STEAM THINKING – Art to Create the Future – Challenge from Kyoto International Art Competition : Start Up Exhibition
- STEAM THINKING–Art to Create the Future – Challenge from Kyoto Art Cultivates Forum
- STEAM THINKING–Art to Create the Future – Challenge from Kyoto Art × Science GIG
- Art × Science IN Kyoto City Zoo : What do chimpanzees feel in arts ?
- Kyoto Cultivates Team
- Dumb Type New Project Performance 2020
- Art × Food Market–taste food, enjoy the space and evoke thoughts –
- Classic Literature × Traditional Arts × New Technology : Shinsarugakuki～cirque de kyoto～
- Art × Science Workshop
- KYOTO Shaping the Future