Kyoto University Photo: YAMANAKA Shinya, Center for iPS Cell Research and Application, Kyoto University
Along with the Start Up Exhibition that showcases collaboration works between artists and enterprises and research institutions, a lecture will be given by a researcher at Center for iPS Cell Research and Application (CiRA), Kyoto University, one of our collaborators.
- Thanks to the progress of medical science and life science, the pathological elucidation and treatment for diseases or symptoms that used to be difficult to cure, have developed greatly. Technologies of iPS cells are expected to bring the medical science and life science further, and will boost the developments of regenerative medicines and drug discovery.
Meanwhile, the positions of the life science research and technologies, including the iPS cell research, in the society, have become more important than it used be.
This project overlooks the iPS cell research and its ethical issues, considering the legal and social issues regarding regenerative medicines, and how these issues shall confront with science and technology.
- Dates and Hours
- 2020.3.22 (Sun) 16:00 ~ 17:30
Considering about the Ethical Issues in iPS Cell Research
- Park Plaza 3F, ROHM Theatre Kyoto
- HATTA Taichi (Uehiro Assistant Professor, Uehiro Research Division for iPS Cell Ethics, Center for iPS Cell Research and Application (CiRA), Kyoto University)
- Open to all
- Ticket and Price
- Required (Seats are offered on a first-come-first-served basis. Some seats are available at the door on the day.)
- How to Book
- KYOTO STEAM – International Arts x Science Festival – Executive CommitteeTEL:075-752-2212
EMAIL : email@example.com
Please let us know your participating program, name, contact number, and number of person(s).
- Booking Opens
- Jan 9 (Thu) ~ Mar 21 (Sat)
- 30 seats
- Center for iPS Cell Research and Application(CiRA), Kyoto University
- Further information about this talk event will be announced on our website later.
- STEAM THINKING – Art to Create the Future – Challenge from Kyoto Art Cultivates Forum Art, Science and Our Happiness
- STEAM THINKING – Art to Create the Future – Challenge from Kyoto International Art Competition : Start Up Exhibition
- STEAM THINKING – Art to Create the Future – Challenge from Kyoto Art × Science GIG
- STEAM THINKING – Art to Create the Future – Challenge from Kyoto Start Up Dialogue
- Dumb Type New Project Performance 2020
- Classic Literature × Traditional Arts × New Technology Shinsarugakuki ～cirque de kyoto～
- Art × Food Market
- KYOTO STEAM Future Emergence Forum 2020
- Art × Science IN Kyoto City Zoo What do chimpanzees feel in arts ?
- KYOTO STEAM Arts x Science Workshop Series Capturing the Invisible
- Cooperation Program KYOTO Shaping the Future – Urban Dietary Landscape